The output of Care Planning assessment is the Care Plan which sets out how each service user is to be provided with high quality care personalised to their individual needs.
To standardise care assessment it is essential to structure information gathering. Care plans produced as a result of structured information gathering and structured care planning design are better able to provide the required standards of care. This approach also ensures repeatability and consistency of results.
There are two aspects of creating CQC compliant care plans. The first is to gather and analyse all the necessary information. The second is to set out the care plan in a standardised format. Creating care plans where the methodology for collecting information during assessment is unstructured makes it easy for errors and omissions to creep in. Care plans produced in this way may fail to meet the needs of service users’ and, under scrutiny by the CQC, are likely to be a source of compliance failure.
Producing compliant care plans with QCS Care Plan Templates enables both sides of the process to be smooth and free from errors and omissions. QCS Care Plan Templates bring structure with a 2 pack approach letting those assessing needs and planning care programs:
- Pack 1 provides up to 19 pages of templates to logically manage the gathering and assessing of information. This ensures that all information required for compliance and best practice is presented in an easily readable format. It enables the service provider to confirm that it is able to meet the needs of any service user prior to admission to the service, a key CQC requirement.
- Pack 2 provides up to 79 pages of templates to manage the admission of a new service user to a new service. This logically leads care assessors through a comprehensive set of template-based assessments to the final set of Plans of Care, through which their ongoing care is delivered.
- Record keeping form templates are provided, enabling all staff to gather and record daily information in a standardised format for review and audit.
- In addition pack 2 provides templates for care plan review, re-assessment, and continuing adjustment of the Plans of Care
QCS Care Plan Templates enable the output of care assessments to produce repeatable and consistent results. Care workers of all levels of experience are able to design programs that deliver consistently high standards of service user care.
- Meets the CQC compliance requirement, ensures best practice and saves time
- Over 100 pages of care plan templates covering service user assessment, care plan programme design, daily record keeping and care plan review
- Produce care programmes that are personalised to the requirements of each individual service user